Sunday, March 15, 2009

Remember Alexander?

Alexander's terrible horrible no good very bad day doesn't hold a candle to some of the days I have had lately! You know how they say things come in 3's, well the electronic 3 hit me!

1. My kiln went down right at the start of the Home & Garden Show.....I know that was couple of weeks ago, but it went on for over a week! I think we tore out the control panel of the beast at least 6 times! We replaced part after part after part.....but I am happy to say (should I say it?) we are back in operation!
2. I got a virus on my computer! This one was very sneaky......up pops a message looks exactly like the window warning shield, says WARNING: your files have been infected, recommended you run a scan immediately. Then two options, scan or ignore. I choose scan....and GOTCHA! I tried a couple programs to get rid of it, talked with geek friend in New Jersey, and then finally said, "I don't have time or desire to mess with this! I called "computer tech" (don't really know what to call him, but he knows his stuff, and is very reasonable) and took it to him. Again, I am back in operation!
3. Cable box goes out....kinda.....I have fallen in love with my DVR, I never have to watch commercials again! It still works, am able to record my shows, but the local channels just say "to be announced". So as long as I know the day, time, channel they were recorded I am fine. They are coming on Tuesday with a NEW box....not a refurbished...NEW! (Hear that Mr. Mediacom?)

After all those events, I felt really good....I am so in the clear....no more terrible horrible no good very bad days ahead for me!! :)

I think I must have celebrated the prospect of "great fantastic very good days" ahead too much because my back went out yesterday! :( I am not completely out of commission, but very close to it. I have had these back spasms before, and the only thing I can do to make it better is REST! That really isn't an option for me. I know I need to work on PREVENTION instead, but that is hard too. I am not to be lifting, period! But how frustrating is it when you know you can lift something, you know its not too heavy, (yes I do lift with my legs, learned that lesson the first time my back went out.) I have a hard time asking someone to carry something for me when I look perfectly capable!

Good days and bad days....I take them as they come and always try to make lemonade! Maybe life needs to toss me some limes so I can make Margaritas! ;)

Celebrate SPRING.....it is oh so close!!!

3 comments:

fuzbukt said...

Hmmmm.... Margaritas!

They may not deaden the pain, but you sure won't care.

Go easy lifting the shaker.

Laura said...

Sorry to hear you were having a terrible horrible no good very bad day! Hope your back is feeling better. I think the margaritas are a VERY good idea!! Maybe we should make our next scrapathon a mexican-theme??!!

Max Teders said...

...And to your credit, you never once took it out on me! You may be sore as hell with electronics frying like a hillbilly's turkey but you're still my sweetie!

Big Sister

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Little Sister

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

est. 1981

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker