Thursday, October 23, 2008

This 'n' not much of That

Not much has been going on lately.....just enjoying each day.

Funny thing happened the other day. Shannon and I took Jaden to the mall to play. They have the cutest little play area. (that's not the funny thing.) After playing, we have a few minutes before meeting Mike for supper so we decided to go through the Disney Store. This is a corner of the mall that many parents and grandparents would try to avoid. Well, when we get in there I see they have their little stuffed characters on sale for just $5. I decide to treat Jaden to a small gift.....she is in her stroller and I start showing her cute little stuffed characters.
"Do you want Pooh?" she pushes it away!
"Awwww, look Jaden, Piglet is soooo cute!" she pushes it away!
"Tigger! boinnng...boinng" I get no response.
Then I find the perfect one! "Look Jaden! It's Ty!" and I show her the cute white Aristocat. Looks like her kitty, Ty, except Ty is a he, but she doesn't know that yet. She does hold on to this one, but not a big interest.
We continue through the store and when we get to the back I see their large stuffed characters are on sale too! Just $8. Oh I KNOW she will want one of these.
She won't have anything to do with Mickey, Minnie, Pooh, Piglet, even characters Shannon and I didn't know. Then I found a large Aristocat...and soooooo soft and cuddly!
She did take to this one, kinda.
This new kitty has become her bedtime friend along with her other kitty. I gave her the name Ty, but she changed it to "Jude-Ty" It's what she calls her two cats. (Jude and Ty)
Funny thing about that whole ordeal.....here we are in Disney Store where kids are usually begging, "can I have this, can I have this" over and over. Not the case for us. Shannon and I are TRYING to get Jaden to like something and she just shakes her head.
I am not gonna give up on this girl.....we will teach her the art of shopping!

1 comment:

fuzbukt said...

I knew it. I knew It! I KNEW IT!!!!

There is a dastardly female conspiracy.

Just think! In 20 years Jaden will be fully trained to make a man's life miserable .... by SHOPPING!!!!

hehehe

Big Sister

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Little Sister

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

est. 1981

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker