Saturday, June 14, 2008

Father's Day Weekend...Part 1

We are having a Father's Day Weekend! Shane and Ashley drove up this afternoon and since Shannon and Mike will be going to the lake on Sunday, we decided to have a pre-Father's Day cookout at our house on Saturday!

I am not a cook, I don't like to cook, I don't pretend to like it, and it's not a secret to any of my friends and family. But this afternoon I actually had FUN in the kitchen!!










Shannon suggested we have shish kebobs.....sounded good to me but had no idea how to fix em. Always seemed like more prep work than I cared to do.

Max started out helping in the kitchen....cutting up the chicken breasts and steaks. Then Shannon and I tackled all the veggies: red, green, yellow, orange peppers, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, onions. Then the assembly.....we looked so professional, and check out these beautiful "bobs"! DANG! I took a picture of the grilling, but I must have used Shannon's camera. Send them to me, please, Shannon.
Just have to show you this close up of one of my masterpieces.....so colorful! Along with the kabobs we had corn on the cob......definitely summer time cookin here!
And that wasnt the end of it......I went all out and fixed a dessert!!
As Mr Food says....."OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!!!"
I actually used a recipe he showed on tv the other day.....wow, talk about good and SIMPLE too!! Unfortunately I didnt get a picture of it, you'll have to take my word for it, but here's a link to the recipe: http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/features/mrfood/19793519.html

No comments:

Big Sister

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Little Sister

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

est. 1981

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker